Monday, November 19, 2012

Announcement: The Cheers, Cavanaugh Blogfestivus!


You've been dying to know, and now, the secret is finally out!


Welcome to the “Cheers, Cavanaugh BlogFest.” 

Have you ever attended a holiday party where you bump into the one person who's always been there for you throughout the last year? You’d want to thank them for being incredibly stellar, right? If there’s one person in the Blogosphere who you would want to say cheers to, who would it be?

For us, it was a no-brainer - Alex “no hyperlink needed” Cavanaugh!

Without being asked, Alex has become a blogging enigma, always helping hundreds of his fellow authors by announcing book releases, hosting guest posts, guest interviews and always leaving positive comments. We can’t have a live party for the Ninja Captain, but we can host a yuletide BlogFest!

Hosted by Mark Koopmans, Morgan Shamy, David Powers King and Stephen Tremp, this blogfest will run from December 10 - 12!

On those days, answer these four questions as creatively as you'd like:

·         In +/- 20 words, what does Alex look like?
 ·        In +/- 20 words, who could play Alex in a documentary (living or dead)?
·         In +/- 20 words, who does Alex remind you of?
·         In +/- 100 words, (excluding the title) write flash fiction using all these prompts: Cavanaugh, Ninja, IWSG, Cosbolt, Guitar. 
Any rules? Here's a few:

- Be a Follower
- Join the Linky List
- Post your 200 word contribution (on Monday, December 10, if you would)
- Have fun!

Two winners – chosen by Alex – will each win a prize:

FIRST PLACE: A signed copy of CassaStar. 

GRAND PRIZE*: A picture of Alex and a download of him playing the guitar (on the condition that his picture is NOT to be shared online). 

The Linky is open until Dec. 12, 2012. So, how about it? Ready to give back to the most deserving blogger in the universe and make his face go bright red? I'd pay to see that happen. Come join the fun!

I'm David, and guess who grabbed the last box of Twinkies?

40 comments:

  1. Already embarrassed beyond belief... and I didn't even get a Twinkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, heck yes. Count me in. Can't wait to, um, 'creatively' answer the question, 'What does Alex look like?'

    *still laughing*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it ! hahaha. pure genius. I had to sign up of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be so much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun. I'll follow along since I already have something planned that day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah-hahahaha!!!!!

    Poor sweet Alex. What did he let us rope him into???

    ReplyDelete
  7. David, I'm sorry that I can't participate in Blog Hops until the end of November. *Sigh* But this one's in December :)

    I've tagged you for The Next Big Thing.

    Come to my blog for the details.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Alex is right! Did someone bribe him with Hot Tamales?! We might have to hold him hostage at a Rush concert or a Kate Beckinsale movie marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like SO much fun. Alex is probably blushing up a storm right now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are awesome. May the best person win.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is going to be fun! (And I haven't had a twinkie in years!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a theory. If the day arrives when I actually see Alex, I will discover that he is really Michonne from the Walking Dead. Then I will be like..."I totally knew that was him/her."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um... am I supposed to say "that's all Greek to me," now? Because no one else has said it, and it's kind of obligatory.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guess I'll have to trot out the only known picture of Alex Cavanaugh in December.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's not easy to tell what anyone looks like in the blogging world...yeah, some have pictures that are supposed to be of them, but many don't have profile pics, so, I imagine all the men looking like Mordecai Richler or Vonnegut...and the women like Margaret Atwood. It sounds like another fun 'fest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol, what a cool idea! I can feel Alex's embarrassment from this side of the Atlantic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait for this one. Alex rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. surprise party for alex!! the most famous, faceless fella!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant idea, guys! :) I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This fest is gonna be so epic. Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome fest David! You guys are on a roll with this. HUGE turnout!
    And...I'm currently reading the 13th Reality (#4) too!! We are so in sync!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea, guys! I'm all in for this!

    I adore Alex and so does everyone else! I can't wait! This will be amazing! Looking forward to it! Come on December, now! All pumped up and ready to go for this blogfest to happen! Woohoo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I appreciate Alex for the resources he offers and blog hops he hosts, such as the IWSG. If you're reading this Alex, a handful of peanut butter cups to you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha! Fun! But seriously: hands off my twinkie. I just imagine Woody Harrelson from Zombieland.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm betting this list is going to get very long. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a terrific idea! Alex is one of the finest people out there and am I ever glad I connected with him and his Ninja Army. I cannot wait for this fest! I'm already working on my description of the Ninja. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, David...

    All ready signed up! Thanks for hosting.... It should be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm reading this at the end of a *very* long travel day, but let me tell you how excited I am to see alllll the positive words of encouragement to Alex.

    YES! This is going to be So. Much. Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. yay for this fest! so glad you guys thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great idea!
    You guys are geniuses, for coming up with this concept...
    This should make blogfest history!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You guys are sooooo cool! Yay for Alex C!

    ReplyDelete